Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarships for Africans: The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a prestigious opportunity for African students seeking to pursue postgraduate studies and participate in a leadership development programme at South African universities.
Eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship and take advantage of this incredible opportunity to further their education and enhance their leadership skills.
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarships for Africans
Field of study:
One-year Honours degree or a two-year Master’s degree in any field offered by participating universities in South Africa
- AFDA, the School for the Creative Economy
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- Monash University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North West University
- Rhodes University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Free State
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Venda
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University
Deadline For Application: 21 April 2023 (annual)
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Type: Masters / PhD
Number of scholarships: Not Specified
The scholarship pays for your tuition, registration fees, housing and food, personal expenses, allowances for books, research, and medical care, as well as your economy class airfare from your country of origin to your South African institution at the start and completion of your degree. A personal allowance will also be given to you.
Eligibility for the Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarships for Africans
- citizen of a country in Africa
- Between 19 and 29 years old
- Earn an undergraduate degree by January 1, 2024, with outstanding grades (above 70% or upper-second class Honors).
- is capable of pursuing postgraduate English studies.
It’s not necessary to have applied or been accepted, although it’s strongly advised that you do. If a scholarship is offered, you won’t be allowed to take it if you aren’t admitted to a South African university. By 21 April 2023, you must submit your application online at the official website.
For detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, visit the application link provided here.