The Generation Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science was created to assist students seeking computer science degrees in becoming leaders in technology.
For the academic year 2023–2024, chosen students will receive a reward of 7,000 EUR (or the equivalent in their home country).
The Generation Google Scholarship for Women in Computer Science will be given based on each applicant’s dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as their leadership qualities and academic standing.
Generation Google Scholarships EMEA for Women in Computer Science
We actively encourage women interested in computer science to apply. The program is open to students who fulfill all requirements.
The following scholarships have previously gone to: Scholarships offered by Generation Google include those for supply chain and fulfillment, women in gaming, women studying computer science in Ireland, and women in gaming. The Google Lime Scholarship, the Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, the Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, the Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming, the Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship, or the Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships India are not eligible for reapplication.
Requirements For Application
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university or college for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
You will be required to submit an online application that asks you to:
- Information about your general history, including contact information and specifics about your current and future universities
- academic records from the school you are presently attending
- Responses to questions with a short essay
Benefits of the Generation Google Scholarships
The academic year 2023–2024 will see selected students earn an award of 7,000 EUR (or the equivalent in their home country).
The two short essay questions that follow are meant to test your capacity for problem-solving as well as your dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The answers to the following two questions should each be no longer than 500 words.
- Tell me about a time when you faced a complex problem without a clear path to a solution. Describe the steps you took to get to the solution in detail. What resources and solutions did you consider? What did you learn from this experience? Keep in mind that this can be a problem you have faced at school, work, extracurricular activities or home.
- From your personal experience, describe a barrier that prevents equitable access to the field of technology. What do you believe is the root cause? What actions have you taken to address this inequity and what actions do you plan to take? Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken. Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
IMPORTANT: Please have the following files prepared for upload before beginning the application:
- A PDF copy of your resume ( Please list leadership roles, other interested activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives on your résumé, if applicable.)
- A PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
Tuesday, May 16, 2023, at 6:59 AM GMT or when 3,000 eligible application responses are received.
Terms and conditions
All eligible students may apply for the Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science. We actively encourage women who are interested in computer science to apply. The scholarship money must be used to pay for the student’s principal university’s tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment.
The 2023–2024 academic year requires scholarship recipients to be enrolled full-time. Following the selection of the winners, enrollment will be confirmed, and all scholarship payments will be issued directly to the student’s university for use in paying for tuition and other educational costs. Any scholar who ceases to be eligible will have the prize withheld from them, and any scholar who continues to be eligible will have the award revoked.
Google will provide instructions on how to accept the award to the chosen recipients. Recipients will not be eligible to receive the award if these requirements are not met by the deadline. On a case-by-case basis, as assessed by Google, recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of the initially anticipated payment. The Google scholarship program is not open to Google employees. No one is eligible to apply for this scholarship if they are:
- inhabitants of embargoed countries;
- normally resident in embargoed countries; or
- otherwise forbidden by relevant export controls and sanctions programs.
How to Apply for the Generation Google Scholarships
To apply for the 2023 Generation Google Scholarships EMEA for Women in Computer Science, Click Here.