Nouhaila Benzina: Meet first player to wear hijab at Women’s World Cup: Nouhaila Benzina, a Moroccan defender, has become the first football player to wear a hijab at the present Women’s World Cup in Australia.
Benzina, 25, wore an Islamic headscarf in her maiden appearance in the event, when her team defeated South Korea 1-0 on Sunday. EnoughInfo.com
In 2014, FIFA, football’s world governing body, authorized the use of head coverings for religious purposes during matches. Arsenal set to make Osimhen bid next summer
Female Muslim players who wear a hijab in public will be able to cover their heads during matches as well.
Nouhaila Benzina: Meet first player to wear hijab at Women’s World Cup
Meanwhile, here are some facts about the Moroccan defender: How To Write An Effective Cover Letter
1. Benzina was born on May 11, 1998, in Kenitra, Morocco. Falcons to receive $60,000 for last 16 slot
2. She is a defender for ASFAR and the Morocco women’s national team.
3. Benzina has been capped for Morocco at under-20 and senior levels.
4. She marked her debut World Cup appearance and it was also eventually the first ever FIFA Women’s World Cup tournament for Morocco at the ongoing 2023 Women’s World Cup tournament in Australia.
5. Her marital status is unclear. Man Utd may ask Mason Greenwood for big favour after reaching agreement’