Do you know how to wash owlet socks? Find out the step-by-step process below.
A baby’s pulse rate and oxygen levels can be monitored with an Owlet smart sock, which employs tried-and-true technology. It gathers information from a baby’s foot by means of a unique stocking. It’s a service for parents of newborns and 1-year-olds who worry about their child’s well-being when they’re apart.
Keeping the sock spotless helps it last longer, keeps the infant more at ease, and prevents any skin irritation that could be caused by the sensor rubbing against a dirty sock. Owlet hosiery should be washed once weekly in cold or lukewarm water with the sensor removed. To dry the cloth hosiery after cleaning, hang them up.
Simple instructions for cleaning your Owlet stocking and maintaining your sock monitor are provided below. Read on to learn everything you need to know.
What is an owlet smart sock?
The Owlet Smart Sock is a wearable device for infants that monitors their heart rate and oxygen levels while they sleep. The device consists of a soft, washable sock with a built-in pulse oximeter that tracks the baby’s vital signs and transmits the data to a base station via Bluetooth.
The base station then sends alerts to a parent’s smartphone or other devices if the baby’s heart rate or oxygen levels fall outside of the preset range, helping parents keep an eye on their child’s health and well-being. The Owlet Smart Sock is designed to provide peace of mind to parents, particularly those with newborns or infants who may be at a higher risk for sleep-related issues or health complications.
How to wash owlet socks
Here are steps on how to wash an Owlet Smart Sock:
- Remove the sensor from the sock: Before washing the sock, remove the sensor from the sock. The sensor is a small, white device that slips into the pocket on the side of the sock.
- Pre-treat any stains: If the sock has any stains, pre-treat them with a stain remover or a laundry detergent that is designed to remove stains.
- Wash the sock: Place the sock in a lingerie bag or a pillowcase and wash it in a washing machine using cold water on a gentle cycle. Use a mild detergent that is free of dyes, fragrances, and fabric softeners. Do not use bleach or any fabric softeners.
- Dry the sock: After washing, lay the sock flat to dry. Do not put the sock in the dryer, as this may damage the sensor.
- Clean the sensor: To clean the sensor, wipe it with a damp cloth or a baby wipe. Do not submerge the sensor in water or expose it to any chemicals.
- Reassemble the sock: Once the sock and the sensor are dry, reinsert the sensor into the pocket on the side of the sock.
By following these steps, you can safely and effectively wash your Owlet Smart Sock, keeping it clean and hygienic for your baby to wear.
How to wash owlet socks: FAQs & Answers
Can my baby’s Owlet be hacked?
All user information is saved within the Owlet software and can only be viewed by logged-in users. This programme has been thoroughly tested and found to be secure against known vulnerabilities.
Can I machine wash the Owlet Smart Sock?
Yes, you can machine wash the Owlet Smart Sock. Just be sure to wash it in cold water on a gentle cycle using a mild detergent, and avoid using bleach or fabric softeners.
Can I put the Owlet Smart Sock in the dryer?
No, you should not put the Owlet Smart Sock in the dryer, as the heat may damage the sensor. Instead, lay it flat to dry.
How often should I wash the Owlet Smart Sock?
It is recommended that you wash the Owlet Smart Sock at least once a week or more frequently if it becomes soiled or dirty.
Can I use a stain remover on the Owlet Smart Sock?
Yes, you can use a stain remover on the Owlet Smart Sock, but be sure to rinse it thoroughly with water before washing it.
Can I clean the sensor with soap and water?
No, you should not submerge the sensor in water or expose it to any chemicals. Instead, wipe it with a damp cloth or a baby wipe.
In conclusion, washing an Owlet Smart Sock involves removing the sensor from the sock, pre-treating any stains, washing the sock in cold water using a gentle cycle and mild detergent, laying it flat to dry, and wiping the sensor with a damp cloth. It is important to avoid using bleach or fabric softeners and not to put the sock in the dryer, as this may damage the sensor.
By following these steps, you can safely and effectively clean the Owlet Smart Sock, helping to ensure that it remains hygienic and safe for your baby to wear.