Better Ways to Ship a Snowboard. If you’re going snowboarding, don’t drag your board about for any longer than necessary. Bringing your board along for the voyage may seem like a good idea, but shipping it to your destination is the way to go. There are a few things to consider if you’ve never transported a snowboard before.
Better Ways to Ship a Snowboard.
Let’s take a look at how to transport a snowboard quickly.
- Locate the appropriate box or shipment container. Snowboards are distinguished by their long, narrow dimensions. This can make choosing the right box and packaging difficult, but it is necessary for effective protection. To save money, many snowboarders use medium-duty boxes, but we recommend choosing a heavy-duty box that’s a few inches longer than your snowboard, often around 60 inches. Remember to make room for the bindings and bag if they are included in the shipment.
2. Use bubble wrap, packing paper, or other protective materials when shipping snowboards, regardless of the outer packaging. Fill the space between the snowboard and the box or travel bag with these materials.
3. If you’ve decided to ship in a box, make sure all flaps and sides are tightly taped. Close any outer zippers or pockets if shipping in a snowboard bag or hard case.
4. Place your order now! Schedule your snowboard shipment online or by phone with a customer service specialist who is available 7 days a week via phone, text, email, or live chat. Ship Skis even allows you to order ahead of time and ship when you’re ready.
5. Cover the bottom of the box with foam. Before inserting the board into the box, add a strong foam base to the box as a last protective step. This prevents the board from sliding and shields the board’s bottom from drops or impacts during shipping.
6. Fill the box or shipping container with the snowboard: Once the snowboard has been wrapped, carefully slip it into the box, taking care not to harm the box’s edges. The board’s bottom should be sitting on the solid foam piece. Finally, insert the box’s wrapped binding.
7. To ensure that everything goes smoothly, make sure to remove all forbidden items from your snowboard bag or box before shipping. Also, if you’re sending internationally, make sure any locks on or in your box are removed.
It’s finally time to ship! If you chose home pickup, have your snowboard and bindings bundled and ready to go between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. If you’d rather drop off, go to our Store Locator page to find a drop-off location near you.
What should you keep in mind while sending snowboard equipment by mail or courier?
Because the winter holidays are always very busy, and snowboarding equipment is not exactly a common item, we’ve included some tips for shipping snowboard equipment overseas.
Measure your snowboard: Provide precise shipping dimensions, including weight, for the box in which you will send your snowboard. If you don’t have a scale, you may easily learn the approximate weight of your snowboard by looking for its brand and model on the internet.
Consider shipping delays: couriers and postal services are extremely busy at this time of year, so when booking the delivery of your snowboard, make sure to add a few days to the anticipated transit time.
Purchase a nice snowboard case or travel bag: there is no such thing as too much protection when it comes to shipping.
Cost for shipping Snowboard Equipment.
To determine the cost of shipping a snowboard abroad, use our booking tool to select the suitable transport option based on the size and weight of your shipment, as well as the pick-up and destination destinations. Our user-friendly platform will immediately display the best shipping service as well as the pricing for your snowboard.
How much does a snowboard Weigh
A snowboard can weigh up to 5 kg, however, this varies depending on the length and model. When sending snowboard equipment by mail, keep in mind that the weight of the parcel must be indicated. Snowboard boots, for example, typically weigh more than 2 or 3 kg, while snowboard bindings can weigh more than 5.5 kg. With a weight of around 300 g, the snowboard helmet is the lightest item.
The cheapest way to Ship Snowboard Overseas.
The cheapest international option for sending a snowboard across Europe is our Standard Service. Make sure the box that contains all of your equipment is not too large for the parcel dimension constraints, and deliver your snowboard gear across Europe in the cheapest method possible. Learn more about our low-cost delivery options.
Fastest Way to Ship a Snowboard by Post Courier
The Express Service is the quickest international snowboard shipping option. If you send snowboarding equipment internationally, shipping time can range from 48 to 72 hours for the most remote areas. If you mail your snowboard equipment within the EU, you may expect it to arrive within 24 hours.
Can I send Snowboard to a Mountain Resort During Christmas?
Yes, you may mail your snowboard anywhere, even mountain destinations, using our door-to-door services. Keep in mind that the winter holidays are a very busy time for courier firms due to the large quantity of Christmas deliveries. If you are planning a snowboarding trip, make sure you book and ship your snowboarding equipment ahead of time. You can always check the projected arrival time to your chosen resort when shipping a snowboard internationally with Eurosender.
Shipping a Snowboard internationally with Binding.
Before shipping a snowboard with bindings, remove the bindings and wrap them in fleece clothing or bubble wrap before placing them in the cardboard box. Sending the snowboard with the bindings on can be dangerous. If you do decide to remove them, make sure you have the necessary tools in your box to put the bindings back on when you get to your location.