Hello there! Let us examine the best Australian Government Scholarships and scholarship opportunities from universities in Australia.
Straight to the point.
Australian Government Scholarships
People from developing nations, particularly those in the Indo-Pacific region, have the chance to pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions thanks to Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS).
Deadline for Application:
1st May 2023 (yearly)
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East.
See the complete list of participating countries.
Number of Scholarships:
Full tuition fees, round-trip airfare, an establishment allowance, a contribution toward living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC), an introductory academic program (IAP), and pre-course English (PCE) fees, among other benefits, are typically included in the benefits of scholarships. Visit the official website to view the full list of advantages.
The scholarships are provided for the least amount of time required for the recipient to finish the academic program, including any relevant prerequisite training, as stipulated by the Australian higher education institution.
Study level and field(s):
- Programs at the undergraduate or graduate levels that are relevant to the development priorities mentioned for your nation on the profiles of the participating countries.
- Training in fields connected to flying aircraft, nuclear technologies, or military training is not eligible for Australia Awards.
Eligibility for Australian Government Scholarships
In order to qualify for Australian Government Scholarships, candidates must:
be at least 18 years old on February 1st of the year the scholarship begins;
be resident in and applying for the scholarship from their place of citizenship; be a citizen of one of the participating nations (as indicated on the Australia Awards website);
not possess permanent residence in Australia, not be an Australian citizen, and not be pursuing permanent residency there;
at any time during the application, selection, or mobilization phases, not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who possesses, or is eligible to possess, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency (note: citizens of the Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible, but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
not be a member of the military today;
not have received a long-term Australia Award before unless they have lived abroad for twice as long as they spent in Australia (for instance, a previous awardee who was on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years won’t be qualified to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have lived abroad for eight years);
not have convictions for crimes related to child protection or PSEAH (including those from their own nation);
Long-term Australia Awards may be applied for by Pacific Secondary School Scholarship Program (PSSSP) awardees who finished secondary school in Australia the previous year;
have met any requirements set forth by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (such as having worked for a certain period of time in the relevant industry);
be able to meet the entrance standards of the school where the grant is to be used. If the recipient cannot meet these conditions, Program Areas may need to withdraw their offer of an award. Program Areas may not seek placement at particular institutions until this is known);
possess a student visa and be able to meet all standards set forth by the Department of Home Affairs. If the winner cannot get a visa, it may be necessary for the Program Area to withdraw an award offer;
not applying for a scholarship for a program of study at a level of academic achievement lower than that which has already been attained (for example, applying for a Master’s scholarship when possessing a Ph.D.);
For the application to be effectively and openly handled, applicants must tell the Program Area of any link or relationship to personnel employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged workers at post) or with managing contractors.
Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook (PDF)
Australian Government Scholarships Applications guidelines:
Check the open and close dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. Applications can be done online or by mail (if unable to apply online). The deadline is 1 May 2023 at 11:59 pm AEST.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the country-specific pages, and the official website (link found below) for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For information on how to apply for this scholarship, Visit https://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/australia-awards-scholarships
The University of Sydney International Scholarship (Australian Government Scholarships)
The University of Sydney International Scholarship is an annual award given to outstanding international postgraduate students who plan to pursue a master’s degree by research or a doctorate degree at the University of Sydney.
Deadline For Applications:
15th September 2023
Scholarships awarded in 2023 will have an annual value of $37,207. T Benefits from the scholarship include aid for school expenses and living expenses.
A requirement is:
- You must be a new or current international student
- have an outstanding record both academically and research-wise. If you want to pursue a master’s by research or doctorate degree at the University of Sydney, you need to either have an unconditional offer of admission or be a current student there.
While filling out the entrance application for your postgraduate research degree, commencing students should check the option to be considered for research scholarships.
No additional application is necessary. Deadlines may be found at this link, and applications are accepted all year round. International students must submit their applications by September 15, 2023, for research periods 1 and 2, 2024.
To obtain the application form and for comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the official website (link provided below).
For information on how to apply for this scholarship, Visit https://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/e/university-sydney-international-scholarship.html.
Griffith University Remarkable Scholarship (Australian Government Scholarships)
For excellent applicants to Griffith University’s undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs, the Griffith Remarkable Scholarship is made available.
Deadline For Applications:
15th Apr/4th Aug 2023
Citizens of countries other than Australia or New Zealand.
Number of Scholarships:
Throughout the length of the program, 50% of undergraduate or graduate coursework tuition expenses will be removed from the recipient’s award.
- Have citizenship from a nation other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Possess a minimum GPA from prior coursework of 5.5 or higher on a scale of 1 to 7, or its equivalent. Verify that you meet the requirements for the Minimum GPA (PDF).
- Have submitted an application to Griffith by the deadline for scholarship submissions.
- Meet all academic and English language criteria for enrollment in the undergraduate or graduate coursework program of your choice.
- Enroll in a full-time program beginning in Trimester 1, 2, or 3 of 2023.
Before the deadline, you must submit an application for the scholarship as well as an application to Griffith University’s undergraduate or graduate coursework programs (see below). Academic transcripts and a personal statement are required.
Trimester 2, 2023 entrance date for scholarship applications is April 15, 2023, and Trimester 3, 2023 entry deadline is August 4, 2023. Semester 1, 2023, had a 3 December 2022 deadline.
For comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is crucial to visit the official website (link provided below).
For information on how to apply for this scholarship, Visit https://www.griffith.edu.au/international/scholarships-finance/scholarships/griffith-remarkable-scholarship
Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS): Australian Government Scholarships
International students who wish to pursue a research higher degree at Flinders University are especially encouraged to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarships (International).
International students who apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS) will automatically be considered for the FIPRS.
Deadline For Applications:
4th August 2023
Citizens of any overseas country except Australia and New Zealand
Number of Awards:
Up to 5
The scholarship covers the foreign student’s tuition fees, a generous living allowance provided at the rate of $33,000 per year (2023 rate, tax free), overseas health insurance, and an establishment payment of up to $1,485 to help with moving expenses and flights.
For a Research Doctoral degree and a Research Masters degree, respectively, the scholarship is renewable for up to three years.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time research higher degree (Research Doctorate degree or Research Masters degree) offered at the University
- have citizenship in a foreign country other than New Zealand, and not be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or a citizen of that country;
- In the year for which the award is to be granted, intend to begin full-time study for a higher degree by researching for the first time in Australia. Students who started their higher degree by research in the previous year but were unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year due to the timing of their admission application and subsequent enrollment, or students who started a higher degree by research but ended that enrolment within six months of starting may be taken into consideration; and
- Plan to enroll in a research specialization course. These are areas where the university excels, where it has focused its research efforts, and where it has garnered outside support;
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels in accordance with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature.
Please see the conditions of the award for full eligibility criteria (link found below).
You must first apply for admission to a research higher degree (Ph.D. or Master of Arts by research) before applying for the International HDR Scholarship group in order to be considered for a FIPRS. You will have access to the student portal, where you may submit your scholarship application after completing your admissions forms. Applications must be submitted by August 4, 2023, at 5 p.m. Adelaide time.
It is critical to read the 2023 FIPRS Conditions of Award and go to the official website (link provided below) for complete instructions on how to apply for this scholarship.
For information on how to apply for this scholarship, Visit https://www.flinders.edu.au/scholarships/flinders-university-international-research-scholarship
University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
Deadline For Application: Ongoing
Type: International students
Number of Awards: 600
- Full tuition reimbursement for up to four years for students pursuing a doctorate degree or up to two years for those pursuing a master’s by research.
- A living stipend of $34,400 per year, pro rata (2023 full-time study rate), for a maximum of two years for students pursuing a Master by Research degree or a maximum of 3.5 years for those pursuing a doctorate degree.
- A $2000 or a $3000 relocation award is available to students migrating from other States or Territories outside Victoria.
- For international students who need a student visa to study in Australia, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership
You must have applied for and met the admission criteria for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne in order to be eligible for this scholarship, or you must already be enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
You will be automatically eligible for the Graduate Research Scholarships if you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course before the deadline for that course.
In order to obtain the application form and receive comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is crucial to go to the official website.
For information on how to apply for this scholarship, Visit:
That is it for the Australian Government Scholarships. We hope you found one that suits you. And please, help us share this information with others. Thank you.