Study In Finland From Nigeria(The Ultimate Guide)
Study In Finland From Nigeria: Finland is a highly developed nation with a top-notch educational system. Although it may not be the most popular study place for Nigerian students, it has gained popularity over the past few years. Enough Info
Read Also: How To Immigrate to Canada As A Caregiver
FAQs & Answers
What kinds of questions do they ask you at the Finnish embassy interview?
Some examples of such queries are: “which university have you been admitted to?” “Why do you want to study at that specific institution?” “what do you want to do once you graduate?” “do you know the difference between a university and a university of applied sciences?” How to Immigrate to Canada as a Nurse
Does anyone know the minimum amount of money needed to apply for a student visa to Finland?
In order to cover rent, groceries, and other expenses, you need to have at least 560 Euros available each month. take a year or more, you’ll need to have 6,720 Euros in your bank account to apply.
Can I work while studying in Finland?
The maximum number of hours per week that an international student with a study permit in Finland can work part-time is 25. Students may only work in positions related to their subject of study if you mind. During vacations and holidays, the 25-hour restriction on workdays is not enforced.
In Finland, there are several advantages and possibilities available to international students. They consist of:
In terms of educational quality, Finland enjoys a highly positive reputation. Finland works hard to maintain a high level in its excellent educational system. Finland consistently received PISA ratings that placed them among the top five nations. Also, it has been asserted that more Finnish students than students in any other nation in the world check out books from libraries.
English is spoken by everyone
Although English is widely used in Finland, even though Finnish is the country’s official language, many people there speak it fairly well. For Nigerian students, this is fantastic news since it makes it simpler to converse with the locals. How To Apply For Schengen Tourist Visa From Nigeria
The chance to learn a new language
Learning Finnish is required of overseas students at the majority of Finnish universities. International students can choose from a wide variety of courses to improve their Finnish language skills. Studying in Finland will be a fantastic choice for you if you’re interested in learning a new language.
Finland is a tiny country with a modest population, but because of its many multinational communities and welcoming people, it is a highly interesting place to live. Many overseas students find Finland to be welcoming and fascinating.
Finland is considered to be among the safest nations in the world. The second-safest city in the world and most livable city in the world, respectively, is Finland’s capital. With the exception of the odd (rare) bear attack, crime rates in Finland are very low, and the biggest risk comes from wild animal assaults. You may have a secure and enjoyable time while studying in Finland.
Opportunities for a part-time job
International students are permitted to work part-time employment in Finland. In Finland, there is a lot of opportunity for part-time employment, and you can get one even if you don’t know the language.
Read Also: How To Apply For Schengen Tourist Visa From Nigeria
Each Finnish institution has its own specific set of academic standards that prospective overseas students must meet in order to be accepted. The school’s website will often provide a full description of these criteria. Generally speaking, the following are the fundamental prerequisites most Finnish schools have for prospective Nigerian applicants: How To Immigrate To Canada As A British Citizen
- A WAEC or NECO result.
- Passing English proficiency examinations like the TOEFL, PTE, and IELTS will demonstrate your language skills.
- Official transcripts from schools.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Letter of motivation
You must pass English examinations to demonstrate your English competence in order to study English in Finland. IELTS, TOEFL iBT, or PBT are accepted by all Finnish universities. Other English proficiency exams accepted by the majority of Finnish institutions include the Cambridge ESOL’s Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), the Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic), and the Cambridge ESOL’s Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). To learn which tests your school will accept, check with them.
The most reliable options are IELTS and TOEFL because all Finnish schools accept them. You must have a TOEFL iBT score of 79 to 92 or an IELTS score of 6.0 or 6.5.
Depending on the university and subject, tuition for international students in Finland ranges from $2,000 to $12,000 per year, while living expenses range from $700 to $900, depending on where you will be living.
Nearly all study programs are available to international students in Finland. Here are the top 5 of them:
Finland is a wonderful destination to study engineering and technology-related subjects because of its highly developed technological infrastructure. Engineering graduates from Finnish universities will have options available to them in many other nations. How to Travel to Fiji Island (Visa free for 4 months)
A business administration degree can prepare you for employment in a variety of industries. Finland is a wonderful destination to study business administration since it produces some of the top graduates in the field.
Finland is a fantastic destination if you’re seeking the greatest place to study finance. They offer one of the top methods of instruction and produce some of the top graduates in the field of finance.
Courses in health-related fields
Finland is an excellent site to study any health-related major since they have cutting-edge medical practices, as well as the best facilities and equipment.
Read Also: How to Study dentistry in Switzerland From Nigeria
Naturally, Finland has the best instructors since it has one of the top educational systems in the world. As the nation’s future depends on its educators, Finland places a high priority on their education.
Visa requirements for students
To be eligible to stay and pursue your education in Finland for up to 90 days, you must apply for a Finland student visa. After you are in Finland, you must apply for a student residence permit if the length of your studies exceeds 90 days. How To Make Beet-root Juice(Step by Step)
The Finnish immigration office will provide you with a student residency permit, but only if you agree to return to Nigeria after completing your studies there. This is vital to keep in mind.
You’ll need the following paperwork in Nigeria to obtain a student visa for Finland:
- Acceptance documentation from a school in Finland.
- Foreign travel requires a passport (the validity should exceed the duration of the visa or residence permit you are applying for by at least 3 months).
- Hard and soft copies of the signed application form.
- Documentation that you have enough money to cover your living expenses and get home after spending a certain amount of time in Finland for school. A student in Finland will need at least EUR 560 per month, or EUR 6720 per year, to cover living costs.
- You will need to provide proof of a current financial condition from your bank (or your sponsor’s bank) showing that you have a minimum of EUR 6720 available in your account.
- Documentation demonstrating that you have purchased and are covered by adequate medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Finland.
- A certificate from your doctor stating that you are in excellent mental and physical health and free of any contagious diseases.
- The disclosure that you have no criminal history, as documented by a police report.
- To enter Finland, you must not have been denied entrance in the past.
- You must prepare yourself mentally for the eventual return to Nigeria upon completion of your academic obligations. How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches(All You Need To Know).
You must do the following actions in order to apply for a Finland student visa in Nigeria:
- Make a collection of the necessary paperwork for your visa application.
- Register with the Finnish immigration service.
- Legalize the documents you have.
- Make a time to meet with the embassy.
- Payment of the application fee.
- Give the embassy your paperwork.
- Attend the interview
List of available scholarships
There are many scholarships available to qualified students to help pay for their education in Finland, which is one benefit of studying there. Among the scholarships available to students in Nigeria are the following:
- Scholarships for Developing Countries under the Hanken GBSN in 2023.
- Masters Scholarships for Foreign Students at the University of Oulu in 2023.
- Scholarships from the Nokia Foundation for Foreign Students in 2023–2024.
- Nokia Edge-PwC Deals Graduate Program 2022 Visiting Professor Scholarships Funds from Nokia Foundation.
- Scholarship for Developing Nations from Hanken 2022 GBSN.
- International Scholarship for Full Tuition at the University of Helsinki for 2021–2022.
- Master’s Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries by Hanken GBSN in 2021–2022.
- Masters Scholarships at the University of Oulu for Foreign Students in 2021–2022.
- 2020–2021 Visiting Ph.D. Fellowship Program for Doctoral Students at United Nations University (UNU-WIDER).
- 2020 Visiting Ph.D. Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Students at United Nations University (UNU-WIDER). How To Immigrate To Canada By Investment
Overall, studying in Finland from Nigeria can be a great experience for Nigerian students. The country offers a high quality of education, a safe and welcoming environment, a low cost of living, and a strong social safety net. Additionally, students can explore different cultures and gain a better understanding of the world.