Here’s all the information about the Government of Canada Banting International Fellowship Program 2023.
The Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 is now accepting applications from qualified individuals worldwide. Around 140 fellowships are active at any given moment, with roughly 70 fellowships awarded annually.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program offers support to the top postdoctoral candidates from throughout the world who will significantly advance the nation’s social, economic, and scientific advancement.
With the help of this initiative, top-tier postdoctoral talent will be drawn in from both domestic and foreign sources, developed into leaders, and prepared to take on leadership roles in the future of research.
Government of Canada Banting International Fellowship Program 2023
Deadline for applications: September 20, 2023
Duration: 2 years
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Fellowship Type: Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Host Institution(s): Recognized Universities in Canada
Fellowship Worth: $70,000 per year
Number of Awards: 70 per year
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Eligible: Domestic & International Students
DETAILS | Postdoctoral Fellowships at Banting
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program of the Government of Canada aims to:
- Top-tier postdoctoral talent should be attracted and kept, both locally and globally.
- Enhance their potential for leadership
- Set them up for success as the next generation of research leaders.
Foreign nationals, Canadian citizens, and permanent residents of Canada are all eligible to apply as long as they fulfill the requirements listed below:
- Only Canadian institutions are permitted to host recipients of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship may only be held in a Canadian institution by candidates who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents and who earned their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a foreign university.
- Candidates who hold a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a Canadian university and who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
All qualifications for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree must be met or have been met for applicants to the 2023–24 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- before the start date of their award.
- between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024 (inclusive).
Applicants who, at the time of application, have not completed all criteria for their degree must provide proof by October 15, 2024.
The eligibility window only applies to the most recent Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree for applicants who have earned more than one of these degrees.
How to Apply for the Government of Canada Banting International Fellowship Program 2023
Applicants are required to prepare and submit applications. It is the applicant’s duty to make sure the application is accurate and comprehensive. This involves making sure that all paperwork from the host university and referee evaluations have been turned in.
Prior to starting their application, candidates should read the Selection committee guidance. The three evaluation criteria are listed in this handbook, along with helpful details on how they are assessed. Applications for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships should be written with a non-specialist research readership in mind because the selection committees are diverse.
CLICK HERE to Apply