AREF Women In Research Essential Grant Writing Skills Programme 2023 – Apply Now
The AREF Women in Research Essential Grant Writing Skills Programme 2023 application period has opened, according to the Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF). This program intends to increase the ability of African female scientists working on the key health issues facing their continent to conduct health research. The program, which is entirely online, will take place across eight 3-hour sessions between September and November 2023 and is intended to result in significant advancements toward a grant proposal.
The programme will cover the following topics:
- Developing and expressing your unique research niche
- Formulating a compelling research question
- Understanding funders’ requirements
- Writing in plain English
- Writing different sections of a proposal
- Key parts of a typical Case for Support / Project Description
- Planning your proposed project and budget
- Principles of managing and collaborating with a team
- Understanding and practising peer review
- Preparing for a Fellowship interview.
AREF does not pay for participants’ access to equipment or internet services, nor does it cover any other program-related costs such per-diem payments.
Eligibility Requirements for the AREF Women in Research Essential Grant Writing Skills Program
Applicant eligibility requirements include:
- Become an expert in health research or science.
- Identify as an African national.
- possess a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) or a medical or clinical degree plus a Master’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- be now engaged in Africa by a reputable college or research organization.
- not have taken part in comparable grant-writing or proposal preparation courses.
- Be dedicated to creating and carrying out health studies.
- not possess a sizable portfolio of international research grants with a combined value of at least £250,000.
The program consists of:
- Sessions run every day from 9:30 to 12:30 GMT, September 18 through September 22, 2023.
- November 8–10, 2023 (09:30–12:30 GMT), there will be daily 3-hour online sessions.
Application Process for the AREF Women in Research Essential Grant Writing Skills Program
Read the instructions for applying and the list of requirements before clicking here to apply online, upload all required documents, and submit your application by the deadline of May 12, 2023
To Apply click here to visit AREF official website
Female biomedical/health researchers in Africa have a fantastic opportunity to improve their grant writing abilities and promote their research careers through the AREF Women in Research Essential Grant Writing Skills Programme 2023. Don’t pass up the opportunity to take part in this worthwhile program; apply today to reserve your position.
We Also Recommend
- The University of Auckland – 2023 International Business Scholarship Programmes
- UNESCO Prize for Girls and Women’s Education 2023(US$ 50,000 Prize) – Apply For Grant
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) Youth Solidarity Fund – Apply For Grant